Senior Social Experience Designer [Unannounced Game]
15 days ago
« Do you have an interest in human behavior and are curious have to create an environment that engages people in social interactions? Then this job is for you! »
We are looking for a Senior Social Experience Designer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm, Sweden.
In a Senior Social Experience Designer we are looking for someone that is fundamentally pro-social and thrive on building experiences that bring people together in collaborative ways, we want to hear from you, regardless of your professional background!
We know you're passionate about design, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role you should be able to convince us that your previous experiences prepare you for the role – we are particularly open-minded about prior professional experience when it comes to this position. You will be a part of the game design team and together find the best ways to implement ways to encourage and facilitate the development of player-to-player relationships within the game. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
In this role you will be...
- Formulating and communicating best practices, for encouraging and facilitating the development of player-to-player relationships within the game
- Working closely with the rest of the game design team to help them design those best practices into their features
- Regularly reviewing features in development, and giving direction on how to improve their adherence to those best practices
- Working closely with the User Experience team on how to meld social experience design and user experience design
We would love if you have a few of the following...
- Experience designing social features for games, websites, apps or similar
- Extensive experience with the intricacies of online communities
- Have worked with User Experience design
- Had any occupation that requires you to care about how other people form friendships (e.g. kindergarten teacher)
- Studied behavioral psychology/sociology/other similar academic fields
- Been working in an international environment and knows how to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.