Senior Site Reliability Engineer
12 days ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and standard methodologies. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises!
The Role Defined:
A Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) on the D2C team will support our infrastructure, monitoring, and tooling needs. Proven systems and analytical skills will be needed, as you will be helping to build and maintain a production environment that serves the needs of gamers and game development studios worldwide, alongside a group of top-notch engineers.
As a member of the D2C SRE team, you will work directly with engineers, architects, operations, and the Take-Two SRE team to ensure highly performant, highly available services across a broad range of technologies and products.
- Develop and automate highly scalable infrastructure in the cloud using modern infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Build in performance and operational monitoring to ensure scalability and allow swift diagnosis and resolution of service degradation or disruption.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers.
- Develop tooling to automate and simplify common tasks such as building and deploying applications, and assist with integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Document processes and procedures relating to the deployment, monitoring, and administration of D2C infrastructure and applications
- Participate in a rotating on-call team to triage, diagnose, and resolve live service issues.
- Collaborate closely with fellow engineers and team members, and maintain a strong working relationship based on communication, respect, and trust.
- 3+ years of professional experience, with proven track record of handling highly scalable and robust large-scale distributed infrastructure
- Experience scaling web applications and microservices using container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience implementing monitoring, reporting and alerting on large production systems with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, and Splunk
- Experience building and running infrastructure and services on AWS
- Experience supporting live production systems, maintaining high availability and responding swiftly to issues as they appear
- Experience with CI/CD practices, using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Docker, or equivalent, and source control systems like perforce and git
- Experience provisioning cloud infrastructure using CloudFormation, Pulumi, or Terraform
- Expertise in Linux operating systems with user level experience in others
- Ability to develop operational tools using Python, Ruby, Bash, and/or NodeJS
- Aim to proactively see opportunities for improvement in our systems and propose solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to automate everything possible
- An obsession with performance and providing phenomenal end user experience
- Experience in Azure, GCP, and other cloud providers
- Experience administering databases at scale
- Experience using enterprise third-party monitoring solutions such as Datadog or New Relic
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.