Senior Services Software Engineer
18 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Senior Services Software Engineer. The ideal candidate must have effective communication skills being able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff. They will be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application and game code to support a player experience on PC, console, and mobile. The Senior Services Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, as well as client side integration of these services into player-facing applications.
This is a full-time permanent position located at our Vancouver studio. Due to the nature of information security, complexity of the daily work and other factors, we strongly prefer that the successful candidate be onsite once it’s safe to do so.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services
- Design, implement, and support the Integration of third party online services into client and server applications
- Create and maintain online services such as matchmaking or telemetry pipelines
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Help integrate services into client-facing applications.
- Help Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
- BSc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8+ years experience building online services.
- Experience developing in Python and Java.
- Experience developing web applications and RESTful services.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Able to effectively architect large features and complex systems from end to end.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Passion for multiplayer gaming.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->