Senior Services Engineer - Dauntless
14 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Senior Services Engineer to work on Dauntless. The ideal candidate must have effective communication skills being able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff. They will be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application and game code to support a player experience on PC, console, and mobile. The Senior Services Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, as well as client side integration of these services into player-facing applications.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services.
- Design, implement, and support the integration of third party online services into client and server applications.
- Create and maintain online services such as matchmaking or telemetry pipelines.
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Help integrate services into client-facing applications.
- Help Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
- BSc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8+ years experience building online services.
- Experience developing in Python.
- Experience developing web applications and RESTful services.
- Experience with database technologies.
- Able to effectively architect large features and complex systems from end to end.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Passion for multiplayer gaming.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies
- Experience developing with Java.
- Experience with Build pipelines.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience with DevOps and/or deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Experience with container-based deployment (Docker / Kubernetes).
- Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models.
- Experience developing: Sign-in flow, matchmaking, leaderboards, VOIP.
- Experience with Typescript and React a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.