Senior Server Side Engineer
Helsinki 00100 Finland
5 days ago
The Electronic Arts’ Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking to new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile title SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 200 million gamers around the world and received multiple awards like the Best of Apple 2015. Now the studio is working on a new exciting title. Do you want to be part of the next big success on mobile?
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Server-Side Programmer who will thrive in dynamic, ever-changing development and live service environment. As a Server Programmer within the Tracktwenty Studio you’ll be working as part of the experienced team on the development with a strong focus on designing, building and deploying highly scalable server architectures for connected functionality for games.
- Responsible for backend software development that supports mobile games integrated connectivity (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Identify communication risks and work effectively to mitigate them.
- Work with core backend services and database layer communications.
- Implement and maintain telemetry reporting systems.
- Develop optimized and scalable services.
- Responsible for the entire stack: including game / application servers, databases, load-balancers and storage systems.
- Help define and implement network topographies, readiness testing and deployment plans.
- Profile and optimize software components of the application.
- Collaborate with other engineers to integrate these systems and services.
- Take full ownership of large features from conception to delivery.
- Define technical requirements, write technical design specifications as needed.
- Testing, debugging and support of all code written.
- Understanding of professional software development methodologies, QA and testing approaches.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution-oriented individual.
- Operates and delivers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to meet high quality standards.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Knowledge of server-side programming languages with fluency in Java.
- Extensive experience with application servers such as Tomcat, and a strong knowledge of server-side application architecture and design.
- Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL such as Redis and MongoDB are all a plus.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 or other cloud platforms.
- Familiarity with RESTful Web services.
- Knowledge of *nix in a server environment, and the impact of system configuration and settings on application software is required.
- Strong knowledge of source code management in a collaborative environment.
- Experience developing on iOS or Android architectures, including online connectivity a plus.
- Experience in using automated testing, unit testing, or Configuration Management processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Experience adopting existing internal libraries and code bases preferred.