Senior Server Programmer
9 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As a Senior Server Programmer, you will work alongside our Lead Server Programmer to design, build, maintain and operate back-end services and features that keep our popular live titles running optimally.
Our studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will bring their curiosity, ingenuity, and positive attitude to a small, diverse, and close-knit team. A sense of humour is also a must!
- Work effectively within both a multi-disciplinary team environment and independently to ensure the needs of our live-mobile games are fulfilled! Reporting directly to the Lead Server Programmer.
- Help guide, inspire and collaborate with more junior/intermediate developers in supporting best practices necessary for server/microservice development.
- Set-up, deploy, monitor, and maintain environments for teams responsible for online microservices in the cloud and our cloud-based datacenters.
- Implement tools and work methods to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services.
- Set up and improve incident management processes as required.
- Develop and maintain new RESTful APIs for use by the client development team to meet feature goals.
- Play an integral role in the development of applicable server-based administration tools and dashboards.
- Collaborate with team members for the development and improvement of processes/tools to be used across the Programming Department as well as translate your ideas and designs into technical documentation to support knowledge share.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience in an applicable Programming role.
- Experience collaborating within a technical leadership or “primary contact” role alongside a Backend Development team as well as capabilities of understanding source control using git.
- An excellent demonstrated knowledge of modern dev-ops functionality, goals and ecosystems.
- A demonstrated (senior-level) knowledge of general network concepts and technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, etc.).
- Experience developing cloud-based services (AWS, Google Cloud...).
- Experience with container technology; Docker, Kubernetes, etc..
- An advanced understanding of modern frameworks (preferably React, Spring Boot and Node.js).
- A strong capability working in Data Structure & Algorithms.
- Excellent skills in database architecture and administration (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience developing large scale service operations and an understanding of design for scalability.
- A solution-oriented and client-centric mindset.
- A positive attitude and good sense of humour!
- Experience using or managing a variety of open-source technologies, databases, tools, etc.
- Experience using visualization and metrics gathering tools and dashboards like Grafana.
- Cursory knowledge of microservice development in Go.
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- In studio Gym
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse team
- New and funky Studio
Ubisoft Halifax is one of the newest Ubisoft Studio's to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft first exclusively Mobile studio in North America, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic building and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University’s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City overlooking the beautiful waterfront, in the historic and Iconic Keith's Brewery. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoon's off, and you will often find a group of us on the boardwalk having a beer. As the Maritimers say, “Fill yer’ boots”.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
- Cover letter including salary expectations
- Current CV/ Resume
We thank all applicant for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.