Senior Server Engineer
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Server Engineer to join a new truly unique multiplayer strategy game in either Ireland, Spain, Portugal or the UK on a hybrid/remote basis. We can support with visa sponsorship and relocation assistance.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You Will Do
- Work in a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining backend services and APIs in Python running on AWS
- Design and implement new features in our core technologies, working collaboratively with other stakeholder teams to understand requirements and identify the best technical solutions as well as plan the future of our server core technologies that will lay the foundation for exciting new gameplay features
- Inspect the performance of our server clusters and propose improvements
- Deep analysis of player behaviors and how our server can be hardened to both improve player experience and also defend against bad actors (botters, cheaters, etc)
- Work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and deliver high quality code as well as Deploy, monitor, and manage applications in a cloud environment such as AWS
- Stay up-to-date with industry changes and emerging trends, especially regarding Python, Redis and its ecosystem, AWS, Gaming, etc
What We’re Looking For
- Highly experienced being part of a professional development team or other relevant area
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale MMO games, high-traffic web systems or applications
- Experienced with Python and its ecosystem (libraries, frameworks, etc.), familiarity with web frameworks such as Flask, Tornado, FastAPI, or another similar web framework and Python threading, as well as the principles of async programming
- Familiar in design and implementation of highly-scalable, reliable, and secure systems using Redis and its ecosystem, such as Redislabs. Solid understanding of RESTful API design and development. Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and Docker containers, as well as Redis, MySQL (or similar database systems). Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Experience in version control, especially multi-track development and familiarity with deployments methodologies and CI/CD pipelines as well as automated testing
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures
- Familiarity with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Redis Streams
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, ECR, RDS, S3, and IAM
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and experience with Terraform for managing infrastructure deployment
- Understanding of network infrastructure and cloud networking concepts, such as VPC, Subnet, Security Groups, and Load Balancing
- Experience with traffic analysis via Charles proxy, browser developer tools, Datadog, logs
- Understanding Kibana / Datadog log querying and dashboards
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.