This job might no longer be available.
Senior Server Engineer - Stumble Guys
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to join our Stumble Guys team in our Barcelona studio on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Stumble Guys is one of our most recent hits, with tens of millions of fans joining the party every single day, constantly keeping it at the top of the charts in over 50 countries and with the ambition of becoming nothing less than a beloved franchise and to be played for many years to come.
What you will do:
Our engineering team, currently composed of over 50 people in our Barcelona and Dundee offices, as well as remotely across Spain and the UK is looking for several highly talented Server Engineers to join the Tech Foundation group and to help bring Stumble Guys to many more platforms and make it the best platform native experience it can be by leveraging the platform specific ecosystems.
- Adjust existing and create new server-side functionality for Stumble Guys
- Improve services such as matchmaking, tournaments, in-app offers etc.
- Ensure excellent tech stability and tech performance
- Assure that the web services maintain a very high uptime and low latency
- Monitor and improve our Cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the other game developers across all disciplines (client, design, liveops etc)
- Be part of the server on-call rotation
What you will need:
- Ability to understand existing and modify existing code bases
- Professional experience in building highly scalable and stable web services
- Expertise in building and maintaining web services using C#
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other similar techniques to improve application throughput
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, specifically, but not limited to, Azure
- Understanding and have worked with different database technologies (database tuning, query optimization, NoSQL data modeling), caching solutions, and queue technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of instrumentation and monitoring techniques and technologies (like statsd, DataDog, Grafana, etc.)
It’s a plus if you:
- Have extensive experience with ASP.Net
- Have experience with AWS and Azure
- Have experience with Datadog, Docker, Terraform and Cloudformation
- Have experience with Console games/Console porting.
- Have experience or knowledge of WebGL
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.