Senior Server Engineer - Diablo III
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
13 days ago
Job Title:Senior Server Engineer - Diablo III
Sanctuary is seeking a new champion to join in its fight against the demons of hell and evolve one of Blizzard’s most iconic games to be experienced by all. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
This titan is being modernized to new heights and needs a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec'd into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Drive feature implementation from planning to completion for Diablo 3.
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable and resilient.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, software performance analysis, demand forecasting, and system tuning.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Familiarity with implementing client/server architecture.
- A mind towards scalability and performance.
- Database development experience (e.g MySQL).
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established codebase.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with public and hybrid cloud APIs/techs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Passion for video games and highly motivated.
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software.
- Linux development experience.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting.