Senior Server Developer
Halifax NS ca
23 days ago
- Work with client-side stakeholders to plan and design service architectures which meet the needs of our live mobile game requirements.
- Set-up, deploy, monitor, and maintain environments for teams responsible for online micro-services in the cloud and our datacenter.
- Implement tools and workflows to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services.
- Set-up and improve incident management processes as required;
- Respond to critical live issues when they occur and help devise prevention plans for future incidents.
- Develop and maintain new RESTful APIs and/or Microservices.
- Plan an integral role in the development of applicable Web based Admin Tools.
- Collaborate with team members for the development and improvement of processes and tools to be used across the Programming Department.
- Help guide and inspire more junior and intermediate developers in best practices and server development approaches.
- Document existing and new processes and workflows to allow rapid transfer of knowledge to help ramp up new developers to the team.
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience as a server developer and administrator;
- a graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
- Senior-level knowledge of general network concepts and technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Routing, Proxies, Firewalls, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience working in Online Service Operations.
- Functional experience with Python Language.
- Experience working in command-line environments with POSIX command shells.
- Experience developing cloud Software Services (AWS/Google Cloud).
- A Working knowledge in web frameworks (preferably Spring Boot/Node.js)
- A Strong capability working in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Highly competent in working autonomously as well as within a team.
- Experience developing service operations and an understanding of design for scalability.
- A solution-oriented and client-centric mindset.
- A demonstrated track-record of critical thinking, resourcefulness, and as needed flexibility.
- Experience with container technology; Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Processes and Cloud Services.
- A functional understanding of database administration and SQL.
- Experienced with Angular JS, React and related technologies,
- A knowledge in Linux system administration and in automating/configuring/managing or provisioning with popular tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Experience working directly on or with a game team to provide live game services.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many resturants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic and cooperative, with communication between teams and an emphasis on team-building!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As a Senior Server Developer, you will guide and work closely with our team of server developers to design, build and maintain the back-end services that keep our popular titles running smoothly.
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will integrate their demonstrated track record of curiosity, ingenuity, an ongoing devotion to personal development, into a small, diverse and close-knit team. A sense of humour is a must!