Senior Server Architect - Unannounced AAA Action RPG
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Sr. Server Architect to join us remotely from the US!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the gaming industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Scopely is building an exciting AAA multiplayer action game for consoles, PC, and mobile, using Unreal 5. We believe this stylized fantasy project has the potential to be massive in scale and industry-defining!
What You Will Do
- Design, develop and deploy server and gameplay features for multi-million user games
- Implement server-side features, facilities, and services for use by the game team
- Ensuring technical performance is "Best-in-Class" throughout development
- Reviewing Technical Design Documents and provide feedback and guidance to other engineers
- Collaborating and communicating with cross-functional departments including: game design, QA, etc
- Leading, mentoring, teaching, and participating in a strong engineering team and culture
- Live game support & troubleshooting
- Contributing to technical plans and schedules, and discussing workflows and requirements with stakeholders
- Implementing tools to empower our liveops and game design teams in the creation of new and exciting game-play experiences
What You Will Need
- 8+ years as part of a professional game development or server team or other relevant area
- Well-versed in C++, golang, python (or other languages), including experience with asynchronous and multi-threaded programming paradigms
- Strong computer science and engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms)
- Strong understanding of architecture at scale, maintainability over time, robust API design, etc
- Understanding of maintainability concerns when designing and implementing client/server architectures
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, especially in large systems
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Ability to communicate and share knowledge with non-technical people
- A love for games
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $233,000 - $349,000, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.