This job might no longer be available.
Senior Security Engineer
16 days ago
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate system security / information security engineer to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Engineering team. If you are an avid gamer with a security and systems engineering background, come be a part of our team. The Senior Security Engineer will support ABK Security Eng and other business partner teams to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding information security systems, infrastructure, and tools. This role reports into the Senior Manager, Engineering and maintains strong relationships with all line-of-business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a dedicated team of security engineers and architects who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise. Qualified candidates will have a background in IT, computer, security systems analysis or engineering.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design of information security and operational support systems
- Engineer, implement, configure, manage, and troubleshoot security tools and infrastructure
- Act as an escalation point for security systems and hardware problems
- Develop technical solutions, new security tools/scripts to automate repeatable tasks
- Inform system security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Participate in out of hours on-call as required
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Ability to effect change through a position of inspiration
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of operating systems and database security
- Hands-on experience with log collection, normalizing, and management; security infrastructure and policies; and risk mitigation
- Serve as the technical SME on project work
- Mentor other team members through technical challenges
- Experience with network technologies, security, and monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems in support of the team’s mission
- Proven experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and/or UNIX/Linux based environments
- Knowledge of industry standard methodologies for foundational security elements including network devices and system-level hardening
- Experience leading technical projects
- Knowledge of Cloud Services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Python, Perl
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) products.
- Knowledge of Devops
- Experience working within Agile frameworks/teams
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.