Senior Security Engineer - SecOps
14 days ago
Riot Security Operations Engineers hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we proactively support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile.
Our Security Operations team regularly monitors and analyzes Riot's security efforts across the organization and for our players. Its mission is to quickly detect, analyze, and respond to several threat actors from across the globe. The ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats, but technically by developing tools (e.g. automating security processes) is vital to their success. From working with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, they are here to protect Riot and our players.
You will report to the Manager of Security Operations and be based in the Dublin office.
- Lead and develop engineers who are part of our global Security team
- Probe, analyze security risks that directly impact players
- Assess and investigate security events
- Help identify new exploits, threats and mitigations for detection engineering
- Contribute to Riot's global Security Operations roadmap
- Work with product teams throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication, and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations.
- You will be expected to do a small amount of travel as part of a global team
- 3 or more years of experience in an Security Operations or Incident Response role
- 2+ years of computer network defense (identify, protect, detect, respond, recover) experience within a Computer Incident Response organization
- Understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation and common tactics, techniques, and procedures of advanced attackers
- You can automate common tasks in Python, Powershell, Go or a similar language
- Experience being a part of a highly technical team, including Incident Response, Security Engineering, or Forensics teams
- Experience as an engineer in incident response efforts. This should include hands on experience completing tasks like malware detection and analysis, memory analysis, or disk forensics
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
- Experience working with security tooling and logging technology (e.g. ELK, Splunk, SentinelOne, Defender ATP, Carbon Black)
- Experience with container security and automation such as docker, Kubernetes, terraform and ansible
- Industry certifications (GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GCIH, EnCE, CISSP), but not required
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.