Senior Security Architect
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Security Architect
We are looking for a skilled Security Architect to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Architecture team. If you are a passionate gamer with a security and systems engineering background, come be a part of our team. The Security Architect will support ABK Security Architecture and other business partner teams to find opportunities to improve the security posture of the various functions within the organization. You will take overall responsibility for both crafting and testing new controls. You will develop in house proof of concepts and engage vendors to identify suitable commercial products. You will contribute to the overall information security risk analysis effort and establish and monitor security KPI’s.
This role reports into the Director, Security Architecture and maintains good relationships with all line-of-business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a talented team of security engineers and architects who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise. Qualified candidates will have a background in IT, computer, security systems analysis and engineering.
Your role within our Kingdom
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and decision making for all aspects of security architecture across IT programmes and solutions
- Identify gaps in our current processes, workflows and design architectures and recommend changes or enhancements as needed
- Work with other teams to drive new projects, product implementations configuration reviews, ensuring that standards are maintained
- Determine project based security requirements by evaluating business use cases in line with overall security posture and risk tolerance.
- Prepare security related assessment reports with clearly documented findings and recommendations
- Oversee technology procurement choices for security systems and system controls in partnership with security research and findings
- Work closely with various teams to continually improve our security offerings while reducing our exposure to risk, including supporting the teams during security related incidents
- Perform security assessments and due diligence exercises on both in-house and third party systems/vendors and evaluate the findings, making “go” / “no-go” decisions as required
- Track and evaluate changes in the threat landscape, ensuring that prompt and proactive changes are made to our security systems and strategies when needed
- Act as an advocate for security and the team in all tasks and engagements, not just architecture specific
Skills To Create Thrills
You have a self-starter attitude so you’re able to take direction and complete tasks on your own while working in a team. Other skills include:
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of operating systems and database security
- Solid understanding of risk-driven security architecture and/or zero trust architectures.
- Experience hardening clients, servers and networks services
- Excellent knowledge of cloud security standard methodologies and solutions in cloud security posture management and cloud security workload management.
- Experience in any Cloud Platform like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Experience with network technologies, security, and monitoring tools
- Hands-on experience with log collection, normalizing, and management; security infrastructure and policies; and risk mitigation
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems in support of the team’s mission
- Demonstrable experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and/or UNIX/Linux based environments
- Knowledge of industry best practices for foundational security elements including network devices and system-level hardening
- Must be willing to do occasional traveling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management frameworks
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Python, Perl
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) products.
- Knowledge of Devops and Infrastructure as Code frameworks.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against because of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.