Senior Security Analyst - Contractor
15 days ago
The Senior Security Analyst role will be working within our Security Operations Centre (SOC) to detect potential security incidents and drive an effective response.
Day to day, you will be performing in-depth analysis and investigation of security alerts across our internal infrastructure and online platforms as well as responding to incidents together with our SOC team whilst maintaining and optimising our SOC tooling.
The main duties of the Senior Security Analyst will be:
- Performing in-depth investigation and analysis of security alerts to identify and promptly respond to security incidents.
- Consuming relevant threat intelligence to drive proactive action within the SOC and wider IT environment.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders during investigations to gather further information and coordinate response actions.
- Providing insight on the security events, alerts and incidents we handle to the wider Cyber Security team.
- Collaborating with the wider Cyber Security team to identify and plan improvements post incident.
- Maintaining and optimising SOC tools and automation platforms to continuously improve our detection and response capability.
- To perform in-depth investigation and analysis of security alerts triggered by the different security controls deployed across our corporate environment and online platforms at the network, host, and application layers within the established SLAs.
- To lead and / or participate in the response to security incidents that stem from the investigation of security alerts.
- To act as support and escalation point for security analysts.
- To effectively communicate security alerts and incident status updates to relevant stakeholders.
- To conduct Post Incident Reports (PIRs) and identify improvement opportunities.
- To maintain and optimise SOC tools and automation platforms to continuously improve our detection and response capability. This includes crafting security rules based on traditional heuristics and machine-learning, etc.
- To document any modifications to SOC processes and tooling within our SOC playbook as appropriate
Director of Cyber Security, Director of Technical Security, SOC Manager, IT and Online Operations teams, Studio and Development teams, Analytics, Data Protection Officer.
Knowledge & Experience:
It would be desirable for the candidate to have the following experience:
- Held prior position(s) within a SOC or security team.
- Relevant certifications such as GCIH, GCIA, GCDA, GCED, GDAT, GCFA, GCTI.
It would also be desirable for the candidate to have:
- Experience responding to or handling major cyber security incidents.
- Experience in designing and developing Security Operations capabilities.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate general knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- Querying and analysing structured log data using appropriate query languages.
- Building re-usable visualisations / dashboards for security alert triage.
- Configuration, tuning and maintenance of SOC tools (e.g., SIEM, Endpoint Detection & Response, Security Orchestration, Automation and Response platforms, etc.)
- Maintaining signature-based and anomaly alerts for SIEM solutions.
- Programming and scripting skills, including complex regular expressions.
- Working knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Familiarisation with common Incident Response frameworks such as NIST.
- Strong appreciation of the cyber threat landscape and attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Developing operational processes and playbooks.
- The candidate must be willing to provide support outside working hours, including weekends, under a short notice period.
- The candidate must be willing to commute to the office location under a short notice period.
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Hybrid Working Policy
Square Enix is pleased to be an employer that offers flexibility within the workplace.
We have a hybrid working policy which allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, three days per week, and in our amazing Blackfriars office for the other two.
Or, if being in the Office is your preference, you can choose three days working from our office and two days working from home. The choice is yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.