11 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our growing Business Systems Engineering team. Do you want to play a critical role in development of sophisticated and efficient product development services that are the backbone of creative-production for Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Duel Masters IP? If so, delve into the dungeon to see what awaits your next adventure!
What You'll Do:
You'll be accountable for test planning, automation, execution, and reporting while working with other engineers, product owners, and producers to ensure we achieve and maintain high quality output.
- Continuously plan, test, execute and report.
- Architect, develop, improve, and maintain test automation tools, services, and frameworks.
- Lead testing and quality assurance for a variety of legacy and cloud-native solutions.
- Audit existing services and bring forward solutions for improving usability, performance, stability, scalability, and security.
- Collaborate with developers to produce detailed technical documentation for Live Operations, architects, network engineers, SREs, and system administrators.
- Work with HTML, CSS, Angular, React, Svelte, Node, TypeScript, Electron, FileMaker Pro, .NET, SQL, NoSQL, XML, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Akamai, Terraform, Git Pipelines, Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years as a SDET or software engineer.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree or work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with modern cloud native technologies and frameworks, plus legacy implementations of closed systems.
- Excels at writing and maintaining automated unit, system, and integration tests for automated testing frameworks.
- Proficient in performance, load, regression, UI, smoke, and API testing.
- A strong understanding of CS theory, fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and CI/CD.
- Good foundational knowledge of Magic: the Gathering.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.