This job might no longer be available.
Senior SDET - Application Framework / Embedded Services
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
3 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Senior Software Developer in Test for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the test development, execution, and requirements validation of our Application Framework / Embedded services, components, and their functionality with in our product.
- Work with the development, program management, and test team s to define, develop, and execute white box and black box tests at both the API level and system level that will allow us to perform functional and nonfunctional validation of Application Framework / Embedded Services components
- Life Cycle Management
- Package Management
- Android Intent
- It is expected with this senior level position that this individual will assist in the driving of the validation of our Application Framework / Embedded services
- Define or develop test C++ samples and bash scripts to accomplish the required validation
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 5 - 7 years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 5 of those years having an emphasis on Life Cycle or Package Management testing
- Knowledgeable on Android Application Lifecycle and basic application development and app publishing
- Expertise with C++ or C is desirable
- Hands-on experience with Git, Perforce, or other version control management system
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.