Senior, SAP Developer
9 days ago
Sr. ABAP Developer
Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s Business Technology (BT) organization is looking for an experienced SAP ABAP Developer to guide the design, development, delivery, and support of features and functionality for our broader ERP platform.
Do you get excited about delighting your customers? Do you love building and shipping beautiful experiences? Do you enjoy leading your team through service, helping them grow and succeed?
Great. We’re going to change the world. Join us at Magic Leap, and let’s do it together!
A critical role of Magic Leap's Business Technology (BT) solutions teams Sr. ABAP Developer will be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of technical ERP solutions leveraging ABAP, middleware (PI, HCI, Boomi, etc), and various other cloud technologies. Perform end to end development activities – building prototypes, effort estimation, writing Technical design, development, unit testing, code review, production support, UAT/System/Integration testing support, and deployment. Also, this role will evaluate new or existing programs, maintenance, improvement, and support the business application solutions for internal business functions, which are based on the requirements and needs of such a client base.
- Matches solutions with the corporate environment. Understands how all parts of the business model work together, including processes, operating protocols, systems integrations, and application architectures. Finding the best technical solution among all possible to solve existing business problems, and helps ensure that the new solution fits the current enterprise environment the best
- Meets the requirements of all stakeholders, both technical and non-technical. Ensures that all their needs are taken into account. Focuses on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. Stakeholders have to be regularly informed about product development processes, costs, and budgeting. Sets the collaboration framework and translates technical project details into a language that management and non-technical stakeholders can understand
- Accounts for project constraints around technology, risks, scope, cost, quality, time, and resources. Must understand all these constraints, compare them, and then make some technological and managerial decisions to reconcile these restrictions with project goals. Able to present to leadership on the risk analysis and custom code usage patterns with mitigation plans, describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of the software to project stakeholders
- Supports Project Manager (PM) activities to ensure that resources, risk recognition, and planning stay aligned with the solution goals. Actively drive design and architecture deliverables within project constructs
- Participate in architecture reviews with functional consultants and architects
- Develop and enforce coding standards across satellite SAP ABAP and Middleware Integration teams
- Influence teams from multiple organizations to use SAP standard solutions
- Responsible for the quality of code being developed
- Accountable for retention of critical intellectual property
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of project teams
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
As our Senior ERP Developer, you will report to our Sr. Manager, Business Technology, Core Development.
- Strong techno-functional knowledge in Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Production Planning (PP), and Quality Management (QM) modules.
- Programming skills in ABAP - Reports, enhancements, ITS Mobile and forms.
- Knowledge of Boomi (middleware) is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in integrating success factors to ECC, ADP is preferred
- Experience in SAP PI preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in SAP ABAP - Data Dictionary, Dialog Programming, Interfaces, Smart Forms, Scripts, Adobe Forms, Workflow, WebDynpro, Enhancement Framework, Data/Web Services, SAP FIORI, SAP UI5, SAP HANA, SAP HANA ABAP 7.5x
- Good to have experience:
- XML, HTML, Java Script, PHP, C, C++, PL/SQL
- Track record of building design patterns, best practices and automating development standards
- Experience in working with functional teams in Product Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales and People functions
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Additional qualification of SAP Certification in Sales and/or technical areas is highly beneficial
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.