Senior Royalty Analyst
1 day ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Royalty Analyst
San Mateo, CA – Collab
The Senior Royalty Analyst directly reports to the Royalty Manager. The Senior Royalty Analyst will work closely with various internal departments. This position will be responsible for understanding and interpreting various contracts and maintaining the royalty system.
The month end close process will be a critical part of the position, which encompasses journal entries, analysis, revenue reconciliations and among other tasks. The responsibilities listed are not comprehensive as additional task may be assigned.
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain royalty/licensing system including month end accruals, quarterly statement preparation and payment requests
- Review and interpret contracts/agreements to correctly execute royalty obligations
- Month end close responsibilities encompassing journal entries, revenue reconciliation, account reconciliation, balance sheet schedule, and flux analysis
- Track and analyze royalty advances and development costs for internally developed titles; track and monitor royalty related external licenses
- Assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy
- Support compliance (Internal and External Audits, Controls, and Procedures)
- Take on Regional Lead role in Portal Help Center to assist in various Publisher inquiries regarding royalties.
- Take full ownership of 3rd Party Royalty process; from contract interpretation and execution, to partnering with internal business teams, to royalty statement creation and payment processing.
- Ad hoc projects and other miscellaneous accounting functions
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in accounting or finance related field
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance
- Possess accountability and strong work ethic
- Excellent oral communication skills and writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to independently research and identify root cause
- Excellent skills with Word, PowerPoint, Excel (VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Pivot Table)
- Experience working within a fast-pace changing environment while maintaining multiple deadlines
- Experience working with tier 1 ERP system, SAP S4/Hana (preferred)
- Experience in interpreting legal agreements related to financial obligations (preferred)
- Experience in media and entertainment industry (preferred)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$111,100 — $166,700 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.