Senior Rigging TD
9 days ago
That’s No Moon is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. A remote-friendly studio with a central office and performance capture stage located in Los Angeles, That’s No Moon is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are looking for an experienced Rigging TD to combine their technical skills, artistic eye, and passion for games and animation to help create high quality content and push the quality of next-gen characters and animation. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with hardworking artists and animators and have a strong voice in defining the character and animation pipelines and toolsets to deliver a visually beautiful game experience!
- Set up assets that require expertise, such as characters/weapons/props for animation and gameplay that conform to studio standards with consistency
- Incorporate latest runtime and offline rig setup techniques to deliver next-gen visual quality while maintaining performance budgets in engine
- Collaborate with modelers to ensure assets have accurate topology and deformations in game that meet technical requirements
- Work closely with animators to ensure control interface is easy to use and deliver rigs that are thoroughly tested for performance and stability
- Support gameplay and cinematic animation content production from DCC apps into engine
- Build/maintain/support tools to automate rig setup and improve animation workflows
- Create/Maintain relevant usage documentations
Requirements & Skills:
- (Required) 5+ years of professional rigging experience in game, film, vfx, or relevant industries
- (Required) Maya Expertise in areas of rigging and animation
- (Required) Strong Python scripting in the areas of tools, UI (e.g., PyQt), and Maya Scripting
- (Preferred) Experience setting up complex, photo-realistic characters/creatures
- (Preferred) Experience creating rigs for Motion Capture
- (Preferred) Degree in animation or related art and/or technical field
- (Bonus) Experience with physics and cloth setups
- (Bonus) Experience working with MotionBuilder
- (Bonus) Maya API / Plugin Experience
- Proven track record to balance tasks in a fast-paced development environment
- Self-motivated and capable to find solutions on one's own
- Capable of switching tasks quickly to address emergent production issues in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate issues and risks
- Collaborative and open to feedback
- High desire/focus to help making artists' lives better and processes more efficient/scalable, constantly mindful of areas of workflow improvements
- Attention to detail, and ability to deliver consistent results
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time or temporary employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $110,000 - $157,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.