This job might no longer be available.
Senior Rigging & Simulation Artist II (Temp)
16 days ago
Job Title:Senior Rigging & Simulation Artist II (Temp)
Senior Rig/Sim Artist (TEMP)
Blizzard Entertainment’s Animation team is looking for a motivated and experienced senior character technical artist to join its award winning cinematics department. Are you a highly motivated artist who has built complex rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters? You must have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior, and be comfortable in a scripted environment. Experience with simulation rigs and directable shot sims for hair and cloth are a bonus. You artist must be attuned to the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators we support. Our team works in an intensely art-driven environment, so you must be able to work collaboratively with other departments including modeling, animation, FX, and lighting.
- 5+ years’ experience rigging characters in Maya, or similar software.
- Previous experience working in feature film or tv animation pipeline.
- Experience in Python, MEL, C/C++, or other programming
- Ability to manage, share knowledge and experience, and mentor others.
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- Knowledge of cutting-edge character pipeline and workflow techniques
- High proficiency in technical problem solving.
- History of generating cloth/hair rigs and creating art directed shot simulations.
- Thorough knowledge of layout, modeling, rigging, simulations, and animation tools and workflows currently used in the industry.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development and pipeline design
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging and simulation pipeline.
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging/simulation and technical proficiency.
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: Open to remote
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $46.73 - $86.49 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.