Senior Rigging Artist - Maya
12 days ago
Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for Rigging Artist - MAYA. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Build rigs for characters, props, sets, and the works
- Work closely with all asset and shot departments to ensure assets move smoothly through the production pipeline
- Collaborate with design, modeling, and animation teams to build robust, animation-friendly, light rigs
- Understand mesh flow and work closely with the modeling team to assess asset topology and provide notes as needed
- Attend asset launches and rig reviews
- Follow rigging standards for assets going to the floor
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya, and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
- Proven experience working on characters for feature film quality productions
- Proficiency in Python.
- Has experience building character rigs, as well as various prop rigs.
- Has excellent communication, time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Is willing to learn new tools, software and has the ability and desire to pass knowledge along to others
- Is team-oriented and has a strong desire for collaborative participation in a team-based pipeline across different geographic locations
- Can take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines during crunch times
- But ultimately, we are looking for individuals with a positive attitude, pleasant personality and an insatiable thirst to rig!
Tangent Animation is a high-end feature animation studio focused on delivering the best creative with the industries top talent. Our locations are Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.