This job might no longer be available.
Senior Rigging Artist - Contract
2 months ago
Rooster Teeth is looking for a Senior Rigging Artist to join the team. This person will be responsible for not only creating highly dynamic rigs but also work with the animation team in order to support their needs. The Senior Rigging Artist also needs to work closely with our tech team in order to maintain and create the necessary scripts and tools required for the job.
Please note, in this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to work onsite if/when that becomes an option.
*Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- Rig and skin new and existing assetsCreate facial shapes for expressions for characters (blendshapes & bones)
- Provide technical direction on models, as needed, ensuring technical requirements are met prior to rigging phase.
- Manage and mentor rigging artists on multiple projects
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the pipeline to troubleshoot asset issues
- Explore, research and document new processes, tools and techniques to evolve rigging quality and standards
- Communicate the need for any external tools or resources
- 5+ years of experience with rigging and scripting
- Maya Experience Required
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and kinematics
- Expert knowledge of Python, with MEL and PyMEL *experience w/ Maya's OpenMaya API is a plus experience
- Experience working collaboratively
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of modeling and animation workflows
- 3ds Max or Unreal experience a plus
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com