Senior Revenue Accountant
1 month ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity as a Senior Revenue Accountant and be a key member of the global revenue recognition team. You will be an integral part of ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of revenue, in accordance with US GAAP.
If you are curious, analytical, and motivated, then come be a part of our journey!
What you’ll be doing
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, unrecognized revenue analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and close packages.
- Review revenue agreements and address any revenue considerations in accordance with ASC 606 and prepare documentation of non-standard contracts, including research and analysis of complex revenue recognition issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, AR, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs to help drive key initiatives and improvements.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the internal and external audit process.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, product implementations, system enhancements and ad hoc analyses as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similarly quantitative/analytical degrees coupled with understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial concepts
- Revenue accounting experience (ASC 606/IFRS15)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
You might also have
- Workday, Zuora Billing, RevPro, Salesforce experience
- Big 4 or public company experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.