Senior Revenue Accountant
26 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team. We are looking for someone who is data-driven, collaborative, and detail-oriented. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and ASC 606. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include preparing journal entries, conducting ad hoc revenue analysis, performing data analytics research, analyzing account fluctuations, and contributing to special projects as needed. You will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Run the full-cycle accounting for all revenue streams, overseeing day to day operations
- Lead month & quarter end close activities; including preparing & posting journal entries, GL account reconciliations, and internal & external reporting requirements
- Manage the AR ledger and AR aging schedule
- Assist with cash collection procedures
- Manage special projects and ad hoc requests while communicating status and deadlines
- Work cross functionally with our partners across the organization including the Data Analytics Team, Game Teams, Ad Monetization Team, Publishing Team, etc.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls & help implement best practices
- Prepare financial statement disclosures related to revenue recognition
- Assist with identifying areas for process improvement & efficiency
- Prepare flux explanations for quarter end close reporting
- Prepare support for audit requests
- 3+ years of accounting experience, public accounting experience a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (performing complex functions) and ability to identify discrepancies between multiple data sources
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with major ERP systems (Oracle, Netsuite, or SAP) preferred
- Experience with Data Visualization Software (Tableau) preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Data Analytics, or related field
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range $91,000 - $136,000
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.