Senior Researcher (Machine Vision)
7 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We make RealityCapture, the photogrammetry software that is changing the industry. Unbeaten, game-changing technology used by the world’s biggest game and movie studios.
In This Role You Will
- Work with engineering directors and product owners to provide state-of-the-art insights,
- Design and selection of approaches and algorithms for evaluation and production.
- Managing and guiding developers to produce working prototypes, designing follow-up research and development,
- Maintain and study state-of-the-art methods and algorithms
- Contribute to design augmented reality, structure from motion, mesh reconstruction and Spatial AI algorithms
- Lead research team
What We're Looking For
- PhD in Computer Vision with focus on Geometry, SfM or MVS
- 10+ years of research experience in computer vision with a solid publication record with top-tier CV conferences and journals
- 3+ years of R&D experience in industry in area of MVS, SfM, AR, SLAM, Spatial AI or similar
- Experience in building working prototypes that are practical. At least one prototype/projects already publicly released
- Experience in Python, Matlab and C/C++
- Experience with Software product development life cycle
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.