Senior Research Engineer
7 days ago
Senior Research Engineer Deep Learning - SEED Stockholm
SEED is a pioneering group within Electronic Arts, combining creativity with applied research. We explore, build and help determine the future of interactive entertainment.
We exist at EA to provide and foster inspiring innovation for our games and our players. We do this through research, prototypes, exploration, and never-ending curiosity. We work with game teams and industry partners, and also publish and present our research within our industry and to the public. We pursue long term applied research yet stay relevant to the present by delivering artifacts along the way to game teams and technology groups inside EA. Some of our research includes bringing digital humans and characters to life, using machine learning for game AI and testing, and developing novel real-time graphics and physics techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Research Engineer to join an expanding team in Stockholm working on applications of deep learning and related techniques for use in interactive entertainment. Areas of research include game AI, human-like behavior, animation, computer graphics and vision, physics, body and shape reconstruction, generative models and content generation, and human-computer interaction.
You will work with other researchers and software engineers. We want passionate, curious, communicative and committed people. We also expect our employees to be involved and self-driven, and in return we provide great autonomy and true influence.
- PhD experience in machine learning, computer science, physics or mathematics
- Demonstrated knowledge and contributions to machine learning or reinforcement learning, e.g. in the form of research publications, open-source software or workplace experience.
- Interest and knowledge in working with interactive technologies and/or user experience (UX) research
- Good math skills including, linear algebra, probability theory, and numerical optimization
- Experience with Numpy, Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar ML toolkits
- The ability to read, understand, and explain to others, scientific papers on state-of-the-art machine learning and computer science, as well as the ability to prototype, evaluate and improve upon the ideas
We are looking for an open and curious person who is eager to learn and teach. You get a kick out of taking creative ideas, investigating and adapting them to use cases for games. This is a diverse team with big goals, and you will work with multiple tasks and taking initiative.
Good to have:
- Interest in or knowledge of computer games, computer vision
- Ability to quickly prototype and test ideas in the best tool to prove out results fast
- Knowledge of Python and/or C++/C#
- Experience with game engines (eg.: Unity, Unreal, others)
You're encouraged to share your work, publish, open source and speak at conferences.
Working at SEED
We take care of our team, and we provide a great compensation package including bonuses.
We believe that each person is unique, so we offer individual coaching and support to help you reach your full potential. We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
We work with EA's outstanding teams. We also encourage you to share your work through publishing, contributing to open source, and speaking at conferences.
Electronic Arts is an inclusive and diverse company, and at SEED we believe diversity in our team brings great strength - we encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
To learn more about us check out https://seed.ea.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.