Senior Rendering Engineer
9 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Rendering Software Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and exciting environment, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and do hard things. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
You must have a strong background in current rendering technologies and a solid understanding of optimization tools and techniques. As Dauntless is one of the first fully crossplay & cross-progression titles, you will be required to take advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch to bring the game’s art to life. Dauntless uses the Unreal Engine, and familiarity of the engine is required.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work closely with artists and technical artists to achieve high quality visual results, within each platform's performance budget.
- Work with a cross-discipline team to provide productive and effective content workflows.
- Profile and optimize CPU & GPU performance on multiple platforms.
- Develop technical designs and implementation plans for new rendering features, based on art & design requirements.
- 7+ years industry experience.
- Extensive real-time rendering knowledge.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Strong software architecture skills with a proven ability to apply these to rendering challenges.
- Strong profiling and optimization skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Familiar with console (XB1, PS4, Switch) development.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Live service experience.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We’ve assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we’ve watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We’re also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->