Senior Rendering Engineer
1 year ago
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Our Madison, WI office is seeking a Senior Rendering Engineer to take on a leadership role in improving issues that arise in game development. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team pioneering maps, modes, and experiences for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, including our latest seasonal offering "Karakin".
- Work with the Engineering Lead and the Lighting Team to develop, optimize, improve and debug the rendering pipeline in an Unreal engine-based environment
- Collaborate with other development units in a distributed studio model
- Mentor junior team members to encourage professional growth
- Develop in both a native C++ environment and a high-level scripting language
- Madison's mission statement is to pioneer maps, modes, and experiences for PUBG.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- A passion for games and gaming
- Demonstrable previous rendering and lighting work in AAA Game Development, with multiple shipped titles.
- Familiarity with Physically-Based Rendering/Lighting
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, GLSL, or Cg
- Fluency in Vulkan compute, OpenCL, D3D or other modern 3D graphics API
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other related field
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency in C++ in particular and object-oriented programming in general
- A desire for personal and professional growth
- An eagerness to contribute to an environment that generates successes and then celebrates them
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Gym cost reimbursement each month
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
Please send a copy of your resume and a link to a portfolio website of your professional work. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.