Senior Rendering Engineer
5 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to work with Engineers and Artists to create and develop visually stunning technologies for our product. Our ideal candidate is passionate about pushing visual fidelity of real time rendering systems while writing high performance code. As part of the MetaHuman Team, you’ll get to work in a collaborative environment in the MetaHuman product ecosystem, pushing the quality bar further and beyond the uncanny valley.
In this role, you will
- Set and maintain the MetaHuman visual quality and performance bar in Unreal Engine, across platforms.
- Work closely with artists to push visual fidelity within Unreal Engine and Unreal Editor.
- Work closely with our Hair team to develop, improve, and optimize hair and fur rendering.
- Work closely with our Cloth team to develop, improve, and optimize cloth rendering.
- Help the team set and achieve outstanding rendering performance targets across a wide range of PC specs and consoles.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience on commercially released video games or software for the games industry or for the computer graphics industry.
- Production experience with C++.
- Production experience with modern graphics APIs; HLSL, DirectX, Vulkan or Metal.
- Production experience using Graphics Debugging, CPU Debugging, and Performance Profiling tools.
- Production experience working with games consoles such as PS5, XBox, and Switch.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of modern rendering engines, light transport, ray tracing, path tracing, procedural techniques, etc.
- Cross-disciplinary communication skills and the ability to break down complex problems for your non-technical teammates.
- Unreal Engine 4 or 5 experience, in particular at the C++ level is a plus.
This role is open to multiple locations in Europe.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Being A PART OF 3LATERAL TEAM
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.