Senior Rendering Engineer - C++
23 days ago
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an essential part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The challenge ahead:
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
What a Rendering Software Engineer does at EA:
- The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Profile and optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- Work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure and processes.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The next great EA Rendering Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Experience with multithreading and Object-oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush
- Experience working with data-driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Experience with Perforce
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system).