This job might no longer be available.
Senior Rendering Developer
16 days ago
Senior Rendering Researcher
At EA, we thrive on bold thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are EA — the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
SEED and the Challenge Ahead
SEED is an innovation and applied research hub in EA Worldwide Studios. We bring together world-class talent and experts to explore, build and help define the future of interactive entertainment. Our work combines creativity with state-of-the-art technologies as we deliver on our charter of innovation in partnership with our games and our players.
We deliver and foster this disruptive innovation through research, prototypes, exploration, and integration of our work with game teams. The core foundation is never-ending curiosity. We collaborate with game teams and industry partners, and also publish and present our research within our industry and to the public. We stay relevant to the present by delivering artifacts along the way to game teams and technology groups inside EA and also pursue long term applied research. Over the past few years, some of our work has included bringing digital humans and characters to life, using machine learning for game AI and testing, and developing novel real-time graphics & physics techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Researcher - a strong self-driven graphics programmer with a wide gamut of applied research experience with rendering techniques and technologies - to work on the future of real-time graphics.
You have an extensive track record from many years in the real-time graphics industry. You excel at investigating, prototyping, and implementing high-fidelity real-time rendering solutions, but at the same time know how to strike a balance between visual quality and performance. You know a thing or two about GPUs and APIs, and how to use them efficiently. Most importantly you have a good idea of the state of the union in real-time graphics, and know how things need to evolve in the next few years to enable truly exceptional experiences, the creation of amazing game worlds, or visually-convincing digital avatars. Perhaps we've already seen you speak at GDC or SIGGRAPH, read the papers or articles you've published, or even played some of the games you have worked on? You also probably wonder how real-time graphics and machine learning intermingle to create unique results.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative visual experiences, with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering and content creation. We want passionate, creative, and communicative people. We also expect our employees to be involved and self-driven, and in return we provide great autonomy and true influence.
Does this make you curious? Well, if you want to be part of creating visuals of the future and work with some of the best talent there is in this field, then SEED is the team for you.
What you'll do:
- Work with other developers at SEED to design novel rendering techniques.
- Develop and author all phases of technical design and complete implementation.
- Optimize, harden, and improve graphics techniques, workflows and pipelines throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- You will write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- You will estimate your work schedule and provide high-quality results
- You will connect and collaborate with game teams and central technology groups (eg.: Frostbite), to better understand their requirements but also bring rendering knowledge and expertise in overlapping areas.
- From time to time you will work with game teams to understand their needs more closely, and contribute directly to the games being developed.
We seek an open and curious person who is eager to learn and teach. You get a kick out of taking bleeding-edge ideas, investigating and adapting them to real use cases for games. This is a diverse team with big ambitions, and we expect you to work with a wide range of tasks as well as taking initiative.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of PC or console game programming experience as a rendering programmer
- You have an advanced level of C++ and rendering knowledge.
- Great knowledge of GPU and console hardware
- Passionate for graphics and game development
- Experience researching and optimizing rendering solutions for a variety of platforms
- Experience working in an environment with an emphasis on concurrency, memory, and performance
- You understand that quality isn't only achieved by adding new rendering features but also by making the most out of the code you write by profiling it (Razor, Pix, RenderDoc) and making the necessary optimizations.
You're encouraged to share your work, publish, open source and speak at conferences.
Working at SEED
We take care of our team, and we provide a competitive compensation package including bonuses.
We believe that each person is unique, so we offer individual coaching and support to help you reach your full potential. We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
We collaborate with EA's world-class teams. We also encourage you to share your work through publishing, contributing to open source, and speaking at conferences.
Electronic Arts is an inclusive and diverse company, and at SEED we believe diversity in our team brings great strength - we encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
To learn more about us check out https://seed.ea.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.