This job might no longer be available.
Senior Release Manager
19 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a quality-focused Release Manager to work closely with our producers, programmers, build engineers, and QA teams to oversee the build and release process for Fortnite. In this position, you will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
In this role, you will
- Own the scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and/or products
- Act as the liaison between external partners (Sony, MSFT) and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions, sales/mktg/publishing content, as well as releases
- Know and own the process for submitting builds to external partners inside and out, and be the expert on all things related to external build certification
- Own publishing tools verification process as related to build certification and release
- Work with publishing and dev team to determine release content plans as related to sales, giveaways, promotions, etc and shepherd that content through external party approvals for release
- Own, manage and maintain content catalog and establish pricing with publishing
- Work closely with QA, Build Engineers, and Lead Programmers on monitoring the automated build and integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Work with Build Engineers to understand and communicate the impact of branches and code merges
- Work with QA Leads to establish and maintain bug triage process. Determine and prioritize must fix issues for release and work with appropriate team members to ensure bug fixes happen as planned
- Work closely with dev production, QA, and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving risk related to releases
- Coordinate internal and external release notes, known issues, and knowledge base updates
- Ensure releases have passed all required checks and approvals leading up to live deployment and effectively communicate approved exceptions to all necessary parties
- Work closely with Live Ops team to coordinate and publish frequent builds, hotfixes, and patches
- Maintain formal release records to track release content and historyrnal backends as well as owning entitlement access for those environments
What we’re looking for
- 5+ yrs of experience with build and release processes for a Software as a Service product
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Someone willing and able to pick up any disparate tasks thrown your way - engineering, dev, prod, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in right-sized process development and improvement
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
- Familiarity with Perforce and Jira
- Experience working with database technology
- Exposure to platform certification processes
- Knowledge of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
- Preference is shown to candidates familiar with UE4 and tools such as Tableau and Grafana
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.