Senior Release Manager
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a quality-focused Release Manager to work closely with our producers, programmers, build engineers, and QA teams to oversee the build and release process for Fortnite. In this position, you will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
In This Role You Will
- Training, mentoring, and providing feedback and career growth opportunities for release managers
- Owning team structure, organization, and growth planning
- Tasking release managers with daily roles as well as longer term team improvement projects
- Team responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with dev production and QA ensuring releases have passed all required checks and approvals leading up to live deployment and effectively communicate approved exceptions to all necessary parties
- Owning the scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and/or products
- Acting as the liaison between external partners (such as Sony, MSFT, Nintendo) and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions, sales/mktg/publishing content, as well as releases
- Working with publishing and dev team to determine release content plans as related to sales, giveaways, promotions, etc and shepherds that content through external party approvals for release
- Working closely with QA, Build Engineers, and Lead Programmers on monitoring the automated build and integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Working with Build Engineers to understand and communicate the impact of branches and code merges
- Working with QA Leads to establish and maintain bug triage process, determine and prioritize must fix issues for release and work with appropriate team members to ensure bug fixes happen as planned
- Coordinate and execute frequent deploys of major releases, minor patches, hotfixes, and backend/server updates
- Monitoring live health metrics to both escalate and assist in resolution of live incidents
- Maintaining formal release records to track release content and history
- Maintaining internal backends and owning entitlement access for those environments
What We're Looking For
- Preference is shown to candidates with production and people management/direct report experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Willing and able to pick up any disparate tasks thrown your way - engineering, dev, prod, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in right-sized process development and improvement
- Experience with build and release processes for a Software as a Service product
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
- Familiar with Perforce, Jira, Grafana
- Experience working with database technology
- Exposure to platform certification processes
- Knowledge of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.