Senior Release Engineer
18 days ago
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Lost Boys Interactive is growing our internal DevOps team to build development pipelines, and supporting infrastructure, in a mixed cloud and on-prem environment.
As a Release Engineer, you will design and implement the end-to-end build and release management for our game properties. As a member of an agile team, you will work to improve existing workflows and stand-up new infrastructure in AWS and VMware to enable us to build and ship our game properties to Steam and the Epic Games Store.
Lost Boy’s primary development stack includes Unreal Engine 4/5, Perforce (code repository and code reviews), Jenkins for build automation and Steam and EGS for content delivery. To support this stack, you will be building and maintaining a mixed environment of Windows and Linux servers.
We also are expanding our gameplay test automation system for Xbox, PlayStation and PC. You will work with Lost Boys engineers to automate build pushes to multiple platforms, execute gameplay automation and collect and consolidate performance data metrics.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US to qualify for this role. Currently Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas.
- Management of Lost Boys servers (OS level and above), virtual machines and cloud instances
- Maintain and optimize our Perforce tools and infrastructure to enable a distributed remote workforce
- Work with Lost Boys game engineers to build out CI/CD pipelines to enable game development operations.
- Create workflows to support automated testing
- Develop and maintain configuration management to support the team’s infrastructure
- Create, maintain and document technical and process documentation
- As an active member of an agile team: attend standups, participate in sprint planning/demos/retrospectives, complete tickets, document progress, participate in code reviews
- Monitor build jobs and assist team members with troubleshooting.
Required Technical Skills
Some combination of experience with the following technologies is required:
- CI/CD: Jenkins or TeamCity (preferred), Bamboo
- Unreal Engine 4/5 or C++
- Programming languages: some scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, Bash, Groovy)
- Content Delivery Networks: Steam, Akamai, Cloudflare, Epic Online Store
- Cloud platforms: AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP
- Version Control: Perforce, Git, SVN
- A mix of Windows and Linux system administration experience
- Data collection and visualization tools (Grafana, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch)
Skills that are not required but would make a better candidate:
- Configuration management: Ansible
- 3-5 years hands-on technical DevOps work experience
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum teams
- Ability to write and maintain effective technical design documentation
- Ability to verbally articulate complex technical concepts
- Willingness to work in an on-call capacity on a rotational basis
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
You will be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you will be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.