Senior Quest Designer
17 days ago
The Quest Design team is growing and we're looking for people focused on narrative-driven and emotional design, with visual scripting knowledge and a knack for directing complex projects. As a part of the Quest Design team you will have an opportunity to design, implement and direct your own stories in our worlds!
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- At least 6 years of experience working in a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 AAA shipped title with strong narrative design elements.
- High creativity and excellent sense of narrative pacing.
- Proven high proficiency with writing scenarios, screenplays or short stories.
- Very high proficiency with visual scripting tools.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sense for designing in-game features as well as tools for efficient implementation.
- Ability to receive and apply feedback in a highly iterative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with mentoring other designers and ability to deliver accurate feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen&paper role playing systems).
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Credited work on narrative field for movies, plays or books.
- Knowledge of Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk and Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher universes.
- Familiarity with cyberpunk and dark fantasy genres in games, movies and literature.
- Experience with narratives in multiplayer games.
Candidates for all Quest Design positions are kindly requested to provide portfolio/examples of the projects they did.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- REDs have access to the cafeteria platform through which they can receive subscription benefits, additional medical packages or vouchers and codes to shops and cinemas.
- Merch — gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Health checks — tests and vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall, daily Gym Assistant support and yoga and healthy spine classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.