Senior Quest Designer
3 months ago
At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for a Senior Quest Designer to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As a Senior Quest Designer you’ll be responsible for conceiving, implementing, and curating narrative and dynamic objective content. You will work collaboratively with artists, combat designers, narrative designers, and level designers to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience and an understanding of MMO and RPG quest design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
About the teamInclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career GrowthWe embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Pitch and prototype fun and exciting quests and activities for players
- Create and maintain design, dialogue, and lore documentation
- Create NPC characters and implement them in game
- Own the full quest loop from design through final implementation
- Work within pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
- Manage, mentor, and provide feedback and direction to narrative and quest designers to ensure consistency across all quest content
- Collaborate with level design, UX, and narrative design teams
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art & UX teams
- 5+ years of Game/Quest Design experience
- 4+ years experience with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
- 1+ PC MMO or RPG title(s) shipped
- Portfolio - Work samples from finished games or block outs showcasing narrative design, quest flow, and gameplay
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Passion for video games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical design competence and high attention to detail
- Comfortable owning and working with large amounts of data
- Strong problem-solving ability and dealing with ambiguity
- Game design experience in MMO and RPG games
- Demonstrated ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Strong sense for creating compelling quest content that showcase game content and mechanics
- Knowledge of scripting
- Experience managing design team members
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.