Senior Quest Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
1 month ago
Job Title:Senior Quest Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The Diablo IV team is looking for a Senior Quest Designer with a combined gameplay and storytelling background to help us create storylines, quests, characters, and dialogue within the world of Sanctuary. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate within design, worldbuilding, art, audio, cinematics, localization and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement quest focused content.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Knowledge of Blizzards worlds and gameplay, specifically within the dark gothic stories and fantasy of Diablo
- Strong understanding of quest gameplay concepts, pacing, character voice, and style of writing that works best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing games
- Ability to envision and build quests, stories, characters, and events
- Extensive quest or content design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned and implemented a variety of quest content from concept to delivery
- Able to communicate expertly, inspire creativity, and describe concepts to a wide variety of individuals and perspectives
- Able to create and maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative and iterative team environment
- A minimum 5 years of experience in game design, including 2 years in a prior senior position on a narrative or story driven game
- Work with team leadership to set direction and tone for a variety of quests and storylines
- Provide mentoring and clear, detailed feedback to other quest and content designers on gameplay and story delivery
- Evaluate and critique environment designs, level design, creature spawning, creature abilities, NPC spawning and actions, and content flow
- Work with the Narrative team to create high-quality storylines with interesting plot, premise, characters, and dialogue
- Meticulously craft quest content from inspiration, through concept, presentation, implementation, and iteration
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Knowledge of successful intellectual properties in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres and speak to what made these successful
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Knowledge and creation of RPG maps and points of interest within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and / or live-action RPGs
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- Inspirations you can use to craft content within Diablo
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and Console role-playing games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.