Senior Quality Designer
8 days ago
Who is Maxis?
Welcome to Maxis , home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims , we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is and strive to build a world as it could be.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Sr. Quality Designer (Process Analyst)
The Quality Assurance - Sr. Quality Designer (Process Analyst) and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group.
The role of a Process Analyst is important for enhancing the effectiveness, and quality of software development processes. Overall, the Process Analyst plays a crucial role in streamlining processes, encouraging data-informed decision-making, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement within the organization. Through their efforts, the organization can optimize its processes, enhance project outcomes, and maintain a competitive edge in the software development industry.
As a Sr. Quality Designer (Process Analyst) you will analyze, evaluate, and optimize processes within an organization. Your role involves identifying process gaps, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement through data analysis. You will work with multiple partners, including project managers, development teams, and business analysts, to ensure processes are efficient, and aligned with best practices. You will improve initiatives, standardize practices, and promote a culture of data-driven decision-making to enhance productivity, reduce operational costs, and foster continuous process improvement.
Reporting to the QA group Development Director we’re looking for a passionate Sr. Quality Designer (Process Analyst) to join our team to help coordinate and test our titles.
Primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- You will analyze existing processes across departments and teams to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Use data insights and analytical tools to make data-driven recommendations for process optimization.
- Collaborate with project managers, development teams, and business analysts to ensure processes are aligned with organizational goals.
- Propose and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of processes, improving initiatives.
- You will standardize practices, methodologies, and guidelines to promote uniformity and improve collaboration among team members.
- Create comprehensive documentation of software development processes, including procedures, to ensure clarity and consistency.
- Monitor process compliance, ensuring adherence to industry standards, organizational policies, and best practices.
- Mentor team in making data driven decision making and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Define and track process metrics to measure the effectiveness and identify areas for improvement, generating reports and providing insights to partners.
- Conduct regular process audits and reviews to identify issues and propose corrective actions for enhanced workflows.
- Communicate process changes, progress, and outcomes to partners and team members.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, incorporating latest advancements to inspire creativity and competitive advantage.
You will speak to the following levels of practical experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience as a Process Analyst or similar role, with experience driving process improvements and standardization.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with large datasets and interpret data insights.
- Proficient in data analysis tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams and partners.
- Knowledge of process management methodologies and tools (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma).
- Experience in software development or IT industry is an advantage.