Senior Quality Automation Developer
14 days ago
Are you an avid gamer? Do you have a passion for quality and are highly technical? New World Interactive is looking for a Senior Quality Automation Developer with release management experience to join our team! Our Automation team strives to remove redundant processes and improve quality through tools and reporting. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply below! We are remote-first hiring within Canada.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain release builds, scripts, and pipelines for putting our game on multiple storefronts (Steam, EGS, etc.)
- Drive automation support for all titles under development and live operations
- Design automation frameworks, in-engine helpers, reports, and tools
- Drive and find opportunities to improve existing test efficiency with automation
- Partner with all project team members to understand the project's needs, ensure features stay testable, and tackle complex technical challenges to improve the game's quality
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level Automation Developers
- Be a technical advisor for all members of the studio
Who You Are:
You are passionate about video games, both playing them and creating them. When creating video games, you focus your efforts on creating efficiency and developing processes and pipelines. You are data-driven and focused on the facts. You are approachable and excited to share your knowledge with those on your team you are mentoring as well as people from other disciplines.
- 3+ years experience in C/C++, C#, and Python
- Experienced with build and product release management for PC and Consoles
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
- Experienced scripting and integrating tools with Perforce
- Experienced with developing automation/performance tools
- Experience with a modern game engine such as Unreal or Unity
- Proficient communication skills
- Shipping on Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation) or shipped an Unreal Engine before: Our titles work closely with Unreal Engine, and having experience with vendor-specific tooling is an asset
- Containerized web applications deployed to AWS: Our internal infrastructure is very dockerized On-Prem with AWS as our Cloud provider
- Blazor web applications or RESTFUL API services: Our automation team maintains a variety of web applications that communicate with an internal and vendor API
- PostgreSQL or have Data Science or Data Engineering experience: Gathering telemetry and presenting data to stakeholders
- Code Coverage and/or Static Analysis Tools: We're looking to invest in improving our codebase
- JIRA and Test Rails: We love organizing tests and bugs and building reports
- Networking and Network Security: BGP, TCP, UDP, SSL, TSL, HTTPS, DNS, ARP, CIDR, IPV4/IPV6, SHA5, MD5, and more.
Why New World Interactive?
At New World, we believe in our team’s happiness. We respect the well-being of our teammates and believe healthy, happy, and passionate employees are the result of a best-in-class work environment.
We believe in inclusivity. We create an environment of safety where everyone feels like they belong. We value every team member for the skills they bring, regardless of their gender, demographics or community. We ensure everyone has the same opportunities for advancement.
We believe in teamwork. We appreciate the value that is created by every team member working together with trust, collaboration, responsibility, and accountability. We celebrate success.
We believe in creativity. We enjoy solving problems and trying new things. We rely on unique and varied perspectives to continuously improve. We promote autonomy within the team.
We believe in putting players first. We empathize with our players and keep the user experience and user impact at the forefront of our decision-making.
- Tenure based vacation policy with a yearly week-long studio closure at the end of December
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Extended Health Benefits (Drug, Vision, Dental, Specialists)
- Continuing Education and Personal Development Benefits
- Cost-of-living raises
- Bonus program
New World is an equal opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by the Employment Equity Act in Canada.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.