Senior Quality Assurance Trainer
12 days ago
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Austin, TX
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Senior QA Trainer, you will serve as a liaison between the Training team and the company business units. The Trainer will leverage their industry experience to establish credibility with the business units and translate their learning needs. The Trainer manages and runs training programs across brands. They partner with our training team to ensure the best learning experience.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Deliver a high-quality learning experience for new employees
- Own training program and make recommendations for improvements
- Partner with management team to establish validity and scope of training requests
- Consult with the business to identify subject matter experts, coaches, and trainers to participate in training programs
- Partner with training coordinator for reporting, data entry, LMS, and scheduling
- Leverage industry/business unit expertise to establish credibility within the business
- Review training deliverables and learner work to ensure it aligns with industry and company best practices
- Establish strong partnerships with the business to ensure training content is relevant
- Communicate with training participants and business leaders
- Some domestic travel may be required
- 5+ years of experience as a trainer in a corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience designing a training program from the ground up
- Experience in a fast-moving company
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to command a room
- You will need first-class written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and energetic individual who connects well with others (often over technology)
- Background in training, curriculum development, or similar
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy continuously learning and teaching
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Training experience in gaming or entertainment industry is a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.