This job might no longer be available.
Senior Quality Analyst (Contract)
17 days ago
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you would be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion Games is looking for a senior Quality Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the QA Project Manager, you will manage the quality of Several game features/systems.
What a senior Quality Analyst does at Criterion
Quality Analysts oversee the accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities for their areas(s) of ownership.
What you will do:
- QA owner for several game features/systems.
- Determine and maintain the test strategy for your features/systems, ensuring and accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop an intimate understanding of your features, underlying systems, and associated considerations; share details and changes with the wider QA team.
- Work with our remote test team to ensure high-quality service delivery for your area(s) of ownership.
- Utilise development tools to improve issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Guide the implementation and maintenance of automation and telemetry within your area of ownership.
- Interpret data from numerous sources to produce clear, relevant information, driving decisions to improve product quality.
- Provide qualitative feedback.
- Partner with your team across the business to ensure agreement.
- Promote opportunities to improve and improve processes.
This contract role is planned to run until Dec-2021
What you will have:
- A passion for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous games or software development QA experience (2+ years).
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Knowledge of white-box/grey-box testing methodologies.
- Experience testing during live service, patching and additional content.
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, DevTest, TestRail, Perforce or Git.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with telemetry systems.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools, such as Power Bi or Tableau.
- Experience with game engine editors, such as Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or Unity.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).