11 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to help us in our quest of creating the most fun social and mobile games! As a Senior QA Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to create and execute test cases for assigned features while communicating issues, risks, and test statuses in a timely and detailed manner. You will be a key player in helping us provide our fans with the best gaming experience possible. This position is offered remotely in Canada.
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test a product from end-to-end
- Manage priorities and ensure all bugs are reported, tested, and reproduced as per priorities
- Conduct Regression tests, load tests, and create test cases for all scenarios
- Research and apply tools and methods to automate testing where possible
- Communicate status, risks, and issues through rigorous documentation and reports
- Effectively collaborate with team members to achieve the best results - play well in the Viking sandbox!
- Constantly strive to improve the quality of our deliverables!
The Must Haves
- Completed post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Systems Testing and/or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a QA role, testing across multiple platforms such as iOS and Facebook
- Experience using various bug tracking systems such as Jira and Devsuite, as well as test case management programs
- Excellent communication skills - both in written and verbal correspondence
- Experience working in an agile, scrum environment
- A passion for video games!
The Nice to Haves
- Previous QA experience from the gaming industry (F2P, Casual/social mobile games, etc.)
- QA Lead experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.