Senior QA Tester
14 days ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the newly founded publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Ltd. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 11 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to get in at the beginning of Secret Mode’s adventure. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
About this role
As a part of Secret Modes new QA team, you will be responsible for testing games from external development partners and ensuring these live up to and exceed our customers’ high expectations.
Successful candidates will work alongside QA Leadership to assess and report on game quality. They’ll help develop and maintain test plans and produce detailed bug reports where requirements are not met, assisting with mentorship and development of junior QA team members.
In this role you will
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and test plans and provide clear and concise reports
- Mentor QA Testers on Quality Assurance testing approaches and best practice
- Test and report against product milestone requirements
- Perform QA related support tasks for external development teams
- Become a knowledge holder for the quality of each product
- Co-ordinate and communicate with production, development and external QA teams involved in each project.
- Aid testing processes across a variety of target platforms
- Work on improving the operational efficiency of the QA team by assessing the current QA practices and incorporating new QA strategies.
To be successful you will have
- A proven record of games and software QA testing
- Experience with mentorship and support of team members
- An excellent understanding of database and bug-tracking software (Azure DevOps, JIRA etc)
- Familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres
- Self-motivated and proactive mindset
- Ability to identify problems in advance and present innovative test approaches
- An excellent level of QA knowledge with game development / components
- Experienced in games playing with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
. Relocation Support to the UK
. Visa Sponsorship
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.