Senior QA Tester
Santa Monica, CA
6 days ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a motivated, highly technical Senior QA Tester to contribute to the development of world-class mobile games targeting a mass market.
The Senior QA Tester will collaborate closely with other development staff, including producers, designers, artists and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate has extensive mobile gaming experience in quality assurance roles, is deadline-oriented, thrives in a fast paced environment, has excellent analytical and communication skills. The ability to understand all phases of mobile game development, and to efficiently monitor, diagnose, and prioritize testing duties is critical to success in this role.
Core responsibilities include creating product test plans, assisting with writing and refining test cases for new features and systems, performing thorough software testing including regression, verification and deployment testing, identifying and documenting defects and reproduction steps, and adeptly utilizing bug tracking software. As a member of the broader development team, perform competitive surveys and analyses, monitoring play feedback, and assist with level testing and tuning as needed.
This is a non-exempt hourly full-time position that will be based in our Santa Monica office.
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and plan testing for features and builds, including releases of our live games, web portal, and backend services.
- Attend daily meetings with cross-functional teams as a representative of the QA team.
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during the testing phase.
- Create clear and detailed bug reports and co-manage bug databases.
- Participate in the development of the QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps.
- Help to drive continuous process improvements for the QA department and the company.
- Assist with implementing Quality Assurance standards and best practices to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in mobile game quality assurance, 2+ years in mobile live ops environment.
- Experience testing iOS, Android, web based applications and Server and API code.
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- Thorough understanding of the complete mobile / online game test cycle.
- Deep understanding of full game development cycle and software engineering process.
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists and test plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional people and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with automated testing, scripting languages, or C#
- Experience with build distribution and submissions
- Experience using Jira
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience with Agile Development
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Accrued time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!