Are you an experienced QA tester or manager looking for your next challenge? Are you looking to put your skills to the test and be a key part of our Team? Are you excited to collaborate with a team of innovative and passionate developers in a games studio that has the wellbeing of employees at the forefront of our ethics? AntiMatter Games asks you to read on!
You’ll be bringing your experience and knowledge to our robust QA department working on exciting projects onsite in our riverside studio in Truro, Cornwall.
The main goal is to make sure all of the games we release meet our standards for quality and functionality. We also test a lot of backend systems behind the games, this is a major contributing factor to our success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create testing plans and plan QA deliverables to your team
· Create test plans and plan QA deliverables for your team
· Ensure the testing requirements are met from all areas of development
· Define and adapt the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
· Liaise and work alongside internal development teams and publisher QA as necessary
· Balance priority tasks between projects
· Mentor and train the QA team to increase their professional skillset and aid career progression
· Keep up to date on current test trends and propose for integration of these when appropriate
· Take part in leadership meetings and be an advocate for QA in the organisation
· Managing external QA resources (including group testers and third-party partners) to make sure their work is efficient and focused in the correct areas based on the current needs of the projects.
· Serving as the key contact person for any quality assurance related queries to answer any questions about status.
· Ongoing daily testing of our games and reporting issues in spare time.
· Attending internal and external playtests, assisting with creating and processing feedback surveys, to ensure actionable and valuable feedback is being provided.
· Updating and maintaining Jira and highlighting risk to production.
· 2 to 3 years’ experience at senior level in a QA role, including managerial/planning/coordinating responsibilities.
· Have been in a senior QA role for a full life cycle and credited on at least one shipped title.
· Be able to demonstrate extremely strong attention to detail, passion for games (specifically first-person shooters are a plus), and practical knowledge of recent titles and industry best practices.
· Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to stakeholders, management, and production both verbally and in writing, to ensure issues are clearly explained and understood.
· Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivating.
· Keeping up to date with the latest systems and software and can adopt these in a seamless way into the current workflow.
· Extensive experience in compliance testing and general testing on both Xbox and PlayStation
· Excellent working knowledge of ticketing systems such as JIRA and/or Agile software development
· Experienced with Unreal Engine 5
· Experienced with writing test cases, automation scripts, et
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
This is an onsite role with optional work from home days each week.
There are no sponsorship options available for this role
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf