This job might no longer be available.
Senior QA Manager
5 days ago
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
You will manage the QA function for Natural Motion Racing on multiple games using a team of both internal and external QA’s that work in a distributed fashion. You will own the quality direction for your team and lead efforts to improve our quality metrics, practices, and tooling with an emphasis on scalability and sustainability. You will be responsible for the overall QA strategy of the team, along with the overall management responsibilities that entails. This covers everything from people management, day-to-day allocation of work, upward stakeholder management etc. You will be the quality evangelist for the team, driving standard methodology and keeping up to date with the latest testing trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years as a QA Manager.
- Audit testing approaches, provide detailed recommendations for improvement, and address tactical gaps.
- Identify risks to the quality of testing in the product, process, and people and then develop and execute on solving those challenges through internal and external resources
- Build positive working relationships with key stakeholders across multiple external studios and testing groups
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills and works well with others
- Pro-active and self-driven
- Proven experience of leading and managing multiple teams/projects across multiple locations
- Proven track record of managing offshore vendor teams
- Strong reporting skills i.e. QA Velocity, Future Planning, QA Progress
- Keen business acumen to maintain multiple budgetary requirements across the Franchise
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop your team to meet the requirements of the Franchise
- Proven track record of incorporating overarching QA strategies across projects
- Ability to work with upper management and supply key facts and metrics
- Experience in Gaming and Technical Testing for Games
- Experience with pre and post launch gaming projects
- Strong working experience of industry standard testing tools TFS, JIRA, TestRail, ALM/Quality Centre or similar
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines, environment management and source control systems for e.g. TFS, Git SVN or similar
- Passion for gaming, free to play mobile or console games!
Desirable Experience & Skills
- ISTQB certified/ISEB/CMAP or similar certifications/training
- Exposure to Unity
- Ability to read code, data and scripting information
- Test automation experience
This is a senior studio role, reporting to the General Manager.
The role is offered in connected model, and it requires presence in our London office for 2 days per week.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- An opportunity to join team that builds multi-platform games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- A family-oriented and collaborative working environment that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.