Senior QA Manager (Star Wars Team)
Los Angeles California United States
11 days ago
Respawn Los Angeles is looking for a Sr. Quality Manager to join an established, experienced team working on Star Wars.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help us ensure quality across a large franchise. Working with the Design, Engineering, and Production teams, you will be the QA leader for the Star Wars team, responsible for the strategy of our QA organization.
Reporting to the Respawn QA Director, you will be the QA Product Owner of the Star Wars franchise at Respawn. You will work with our development team to build and evolve a Quality Assurance program covering upcoming titles.
You can inspire your team and reports to take on the goals for the team and presenting detailed, logical cases for a strategic investment or introduction of a new quality-based process. You will create quality goals and development plans to promote your team's professional growth.
You will balance financial management with quality and development process expertise to ensure your teams are creating tactically sound budgets and progressive quality strategies with aligned and applicable Measurements, optimized partner collaboration, and detailed reporting.
We want you to have an interest in video games with an awareness of Star Wars to work with our Development Team.
- You will contribute to and embody EA and QA organizational strategies, instilling shared values, and focus areas within their teams. Guide and inspire the team, acting as a translator of high-level, long-term vision into concrete direction and action plans for the team, highlighting relevance and benefits to their team members at all levels
- You will communicate within studios and external groups adapting content and detail to match the audience, collaborating outside of QA to solve problems and share best practices
- You will lead other managers: leads and mentors sub-teams through other managers, anticipates skill gaps and organizational needs for teams, mentors and cultivates QA managers within studios
- You will lead the retrospective learning process on projects and establish best practices for future projects.
- You will use data to create strategic plans to guide large team performance improvements.
- You will partner with team leadership to create full-project strategies.
- You have good team-building skills, the QA Team should work as a unified team across all locations.
- You are inspired to develop new methodologies to track quality that puts the player first.
- You can organize others (both QA and Dev) to implement plans and collate results.
- You have conflict management skills and can remain fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
- You preempt problems and ensure contingency plans are always available.
- You can discern technical design or technical information.
Experience and Qualifications
- QA experience of at least 5 years .
- 5 years of management experience .
- AAA game experience in a QA Leadership role with multiple titles.
- Experience with software testing products, for example, JIRA, Hansoft, and Perforce
- Experience working with teams that use engine (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite) tools, editors, or automation to improve QA workflows is a bonus.
- Experience with multiple discipline projects and QA management.
- Prior implementation and use of automation and data to improve software testing
- Knowledge of software development and QA processes.