Senior QA Engineer
8 days ago
Are you someone who’s innovative, and passionate who is looking to be a part of a global team? Do you want to improve your skills at testing software applications while also growing your career? If yes, Gameopedia can open quite a few doors for you. Our team here is highly analytical, fast-moving, and focused on revolutionizing the video game industry by creating unprecedented, personalized experiences on popular gaming platforms across the globe.
Gameopedia aims to revolutionize the video game industry by creating unprecedented, personalized experiences on popular gaming platforms across the globe. You will join a talented global team that will spearhead the development of industry-disrupting products and services that achieve and eventually surpass this vision.
How you will make an impact
- Ensure the quality of the product from end-to-end.
- Work across the engineering teams to ensure test plans are clearly defined and tested.
- Improve, extend and develop our automation test packs in order to reduce manual testing.
- Identify the opportunities and contribute to improve testing efficiencies
- Work closely with Engineers and investigate issues/bugs found during testing. Maintain the logs for future references.
- Work with product owners, product managers, UX/UI designers, and other software engineers to contribute to the solutions.
- Leading the QA team in designing QA test procedures.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Design, deploy and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Need to bring in the best practices in QA testing principles and establish the same at Gameopedia from a Quality Assurance perspective.
- Participate in deployments to production as needed.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any relevant degree.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC & other QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Python programming experience.
- Passionate about designing test coverage and the creation of automated and manual test cases.
- Experience with web applications including API testing, database testing, AWS infrastructure.
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts in simple English.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Ability to work independently with clients, proactive, and self-managed.
- Recruiter screening.
- Telephonic interview.
- Technical video call interview with the panel.
- Chat – Head of Ops, followed by Offer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- Casual dress code.
- Gain experience rapidly.
- Work directly with the executive team.
- Fast-paced collaborative work environment.
- Hybrid work culture.