Senior QA Engineer
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer that will help lead the way on some existing major systems and backends as well as exciting new projects within Fortnite. You will contribute to early feature design discussion, lead the technical testing and automation efforts, and develop the test strategy and test plans of these projects, while considering long term feature roadmap and cross-team integration of these features.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, engineers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for new feature development and down-stream integration with existing components and projects
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of white-box and end-to-end testing techniques
- Analyze, report and track performance data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health as well as troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Drive Quality Development Best Practices to enable continuous and early testing including designing and implementing automated test cases, test efficiency tools and scripts
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of professional QA experience
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years professional coding experience
- Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior members on technical topics and features
- Previous experience using proprietary or third party developer tools to perform root cause analysis
- Game Engine experience preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with data and/or analytics preferred but not required
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.